NAHB University of Housing
NAHB University of Housing
Through the University of Housing, industry pros can earn professional designations in any one of 13 areas. The mission of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) University of Housing it to position its member and affiliates to achieve the highest level of professionalism, participation, leadership, and business profitability, within the dynamic built environment using a variety of educational resources.
The Professional Designations offered include:
- Certified Active Adult Specialist In Housing (CAASH) provides the essential knowledge, tools and skills-from conducting initial research to design considerations and features to servicing the customer.
- Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to competing in the aging-in-place market.
- Certified Graduate Associate (CGA). Learn about the home building business from the best source possible: builders and remodelers with years of field experience.
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business and project management skills.
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business management skills as the key to a professional remodeling operation.
- Certified Green Professional (CGP) teaches builders, remodelers and other industry professionals techniques for incorporating green building principles into homes-without driving up the cost of construction.
- Certified Leasing Professional (CLP) curriculum includes an overview of multifamily leasing and sales skills.
- Certified New Home Marketing Professional (CMP) is the mid-level designation for IRM students who have completed the marketing intensive IRM courses I through IV.
- Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP) designation was designed for specialists in new home sales to enhance their professional image, increase their marketability in the home building industry, and sell more homes! Graduate Master Builder (GMB) courses are more advanced with in-depth instruction geared for experienced building professionals.
- Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR) program includes advanced and updated courses geared toward experienced remodeling professionals.
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) is a specialized designation for developers, property managers, asset managers, and others working in the affordable housing industry.
- Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (Master CSP) designation acknowledges the continued educational achievements of graduates of the CSP program.
- Member, Institute of Residential Marketing (MIRM) designation is the top-level achievement for professionals in new home marketing.
- Registered in Apartment Management (RAM) is a comprehensive educational and designation program offered to property management professionals by NAHB.
- Advanced RAM Program provides a higher credential in the field of apartment management for the levels of asset managers, property supervisors, and management company owners.
- Residential Construction Superintendent (RCS) designation series of courses is geared toward the budding field of superintendents and can benefit current site personnel wishing to excel in this position.
Note that some of the courses for these designation programs are offered through the HBA of Raleigh-Wake county. Check our list of upcoming classes for more information.